Summer 2023 Reading Log (UPDATED 7/25)

Hi everyone! I'm finally back here, on my book blog, to tell you about some of the amazing books I've read this summer. Though I don't anticipate posting regularly on the blog from now on, I hope you enjoy hearing about a couple of the stories I've gotten to enjoy this summer! To view my previous reading logs, click here. See you around!


book title // author // date finished // recommendation

Counterfeit // Kirsten Chen // 5/6 // So much fun-- loved the unreliable narrator; who do you trust?

Fairest // Meredith Talusan // 5/9 // A really powerful memoir that was a window into another life

Everything Asian // Sung J. Woo // 5/12 // This book felt so real and so honest and I loved it 

Metamorphosis // Franz Kafka // 5/10 // Read this for school but truly one of the books of all time

The Idiot // Elif Batuman // 6/11 // Absolutely loved this one-- mundane and insane at the same time

We Love You, Charlie Freeman // Kaitlyn Greenidge // 6/23 // Not sure how I feel about this tbh

Love in the Time of Cholera // Gabriel García Marquéz // 7/7 // I enjoyed reading this crazy love story

Queen of Water // Maria Virginia Farinango and Laura Resau // 7/8 // Inspirational and insightful <3

Endure // Alex Hutchinson // 7/12 // I liked reading about all the studies and stories! And the marathon

Chemistry // Weike Wang // 7/16 // A life told in such a fascinating tone and perspective, loved it!

Dark Matter // Blake Crouch // 7/22 // I really enjoyed this one. Thrilling and mind-bending, read it

The Final Girl Support Group // Grady Hendrix // 7/23 // Definitely confusing but perfect slasher vibes


This reading log will be updated periodically.

Thank you so so much for reading and for sticking with me after a year of inactivity! I hope you're having a fantastic summer so far, and that you enjoy the rest of these few months. Please let me know what you've been reading, what books you want to read, and if any of these lists have interested you! Happy reading :)

Comments