2023 Reads Tierlist!

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful start to your 2024, and getting to read lots of amazing books. After tracking (approximately) every book I read and re-read in 2023, I decided to make a semi-accurate tier list for all my reads. Enjoy!

Every single book I read in 2023, ranked by tier.

Here's a quick list of everything pictured in the chart:
  1. Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
  2. The Idiot by Elif Batuman
  3. The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman (short story)
  4. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah (re-read)
  5. Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
  6. In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez (re-read)
  7. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
  8. Everything Asian by Sung J. Woo
  9. Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston (re-read)
  10. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez
  11. Counterfeit by Kirstin Chen
  12. Yellowface by Rebecca F. Kuang
  13. Lost & Found by Kathryn Schulz
  14. A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (play)
  15. The Queen of Water by Laura Resau and Maria Virginia Farinango 
  16. The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix
  17. Chemistry by Weike Wang
  18. I Must Betray You by Ruta Sepetys 
  19. Last Night at the Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo
  20. Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng
  21. Fairest by Meredith Talusan
  22. Endure by Alex Hutchinson
  23. Six American Poets (anthology of poems by Whitman, Dickinson, and more)
  24. Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville (short story)
  25. Benito Cereno by Herman Melville
  26. Tomboy Survival Guide by Ivan Coyote
  27. We Love You, Charlie Freeman by Kaitlyn Greenidge
If you are more interested in any of these books, please let me know and I can tell you more about it! I really do recommend trying these out, especially the ones higher up on my list -- but of course, this is a wide range of books, and everyone's taste is different.

Now, I'm sure this ranking will change immediately after posting (I'm already having doubts..) but generally, I really enjoyed everything in S- and A-tier, and B-tier had some great as well. Tracking and recording everything I read was a great way for me to look back on the awesome books I discovered and reflect on what I ended up enjoying or not enjoying. Of course, this chart includes books and short stories that were assigned to me in school, so not everything was of my own choice, but in general, I think I'm pretty good at choosing books I like (or maybe I just like most things!) I will definitely continue logging the books I read in the upcoming year, and hopefully, in 2024, I can read as many (good) books as I did in 2023.

Thank you so much for reading! I will continue to update you guys on exciting and fun new reads, author and book recommendations, and maybe even what's going on in the book world. I appreciate your support and I hope you have a great day!

Comments